Saturday

Kosovo Apocalypse

death is a horse
a characteristically terrifying horse
railing, trampling, nostrils flared and blowing
teeth exposed, seemingly to mock the agony of death
only frozen in time,while at the same time
inviting conversation of me
rule #1, never stare too long,
access and move on

I turn my face to the sky as if to ask why
only to be greeted by hurricane force rain that pound
at the speed of sound, tearing flesh from bone to expose
images more terrifying than a wild horse
as it came railing, trampling, nostrils flared and blowing
teeth exposed, seemingly to mock the agony of death
only frozen in time, while at the same time

time drops to slow motion
and the shallow echoes in the distance
pop-pop.... pop-pop-pop
resemble horse's hoofs against the
marble tiles at the entrance of my church
I lower my head so my helmet blocks the rain
I clear my eyes and plant my feet firmly in the tiles
it's putrid smell fills the air, finger on the trigger
I hold my breath and turn
to meet it as it came

railing trampling, nostrils flared and blowing
teeth exposed, seemingly to mock the agony of death
and I'm ready for it this time
but I awake in a cold sweat
still a slave to distress

.....in my mind

One morning some years ago I awoke with this in my head. I have re-worked it many times since then but the theme remains the same "death is a horse".

1 comment:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete

COVID-19 Was Created

COVID-19 was created by mistake by a team of research scientists in China who were studying why Bats are the hosts of so many respiratory ...